Many updates shared by WCA.
- Learn to use the Earth Oven November 7
- Next WCA general meeting Nov. 14
- Fall Clothing Swap Mon. Nov. 18 – Fri. Nov 22
- Understand Waldorf better through the new “Explorations” class
- We are starting our lending library!
- Current Volunteer opportunities around school
Please click “more” below to read the full text.
Learn how to use the Earth Oven Nov. 7
Thank you to everyone who has been helping construct our Earth oven over the last few weeks. If you are interested in using the oven for your child’s class or other school activity, or just want to know how it works, we will be holding a workshop on Nov. 7 from 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Anyone who will want to use the oven will need to go through this training. Please let us know if you are interested and if you need childcare that evening. Contact us at email@example.com.
Next WCA general meeting Nov. 14
The next WCA meeting will be held on the morning of Thursday, Nov. 14, from 8:15 to 10 a.m. in the Trayes Room. All are welcome to come hear updates about school programs, lend ideas, or voice a concern. If there is a topic you would like covered, please email Linda Wrinn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall Clothing Swap Mon. Nov. 18 – Fri. Nov 22
Back by popular demand, it’s the fall/winter clothing swap! For one week you can donate your gently used children’s cold weather clothes and shoes as well as maternity clothes to our swap. You can choose any items of clothing in our swap that suit you. You do not need to bring clothes to take clothes. The swap will take place in the Great Hall. Drop off size infant through 14-16 youth, and maternity clothes (any size and season) that are in good enough condition that you yourself would accept it used. Whatever doesn’t find a home by the end of the day on Friday will be donated to Beverly Bootstraps, our community partner, a non-profit year-round service that connects families to the resources they need to achieve self-sufficiency. Thank you for your support!
Understand Waldorf better through the new “Explorations” class
For parents who have been looking to know more about the philosophy behind Waldorf education, here is an opportunity to learn more about anthroposophy and the insights of Rudolph Steiner. Explorations, formerly known as Foundation Studies, is a new arts-based program for adults wishing to explore the wide terrain of anthroposophical endeavors, including the foundational principles of Waldorf education. It has been designed to be held in Waldorf communities across the continent and will feature a new three-tiered format comprised of, intensive weekend workshops with an emphasis on the arts, bi-monthly seminars to study anthroposophy, and monthly Zoom webinars called “Windows on Waldorf”. For more information or to register, visit the center for anthroposophy at www.centerforanthroposophy.org and click on the “Explorations” tab. Express your interest by writing to email@example.com.
We are starting our lending library!
Coming soon! Books and Waldorf related publications in the community space. Do you have books or Waldorf related publications that you think would find a good home in our lending library? Please feel free to donate or suggest titles. You can arrange to pick up or send recommendations by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you want to thank someone in our community for doing something helpful or making some effort that went above and beyond? Here is your chance to do so publicly within our newsletter-receiving community. Send in a short gratitude and our editorial staff will publish some gratitudes each week. Please send to email@example.com
Thank you for being thankful!
Current volunteer opportunities around the school
Our children are being raised with a keen sense of philanthropy. We are their primary models. Find yourself in a volunteer opportunity at school to reap the reward of social bonding as well as leading our children by example. Here are some jobs that beckon us…
- WCA is always looking for information about your town events. If you are aware of family-friendly events in your town, please let us know about them so we can share them with the rest of our school. Look for these events posted on the bulletin board in the community space. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enchanted Fair Committee needs volunteers to sign up for setting up, clean up, etc. for our December 14th fair. Contact Heidi Zohn at email@example.com if you can help out.
- Outdoor Life Committee (OLC) invites you to two more Sunday yard work days, November 17 and December 8th from 10:00 am – 12:00 pm. Come on over with your work gloves and a rake. Children wishing to be helpful are welcome.