The Diversity Committee invites any current or alumni Waldorf student to create a new mural that will replace the current mural in the stairwell (7 ft 9 inches by 6 ft 8 inches). The new mural is to represent an updated vision of our community, with an eye towards diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion. We are calling this vision: Ethnic Mosaic. Submissions are due by Friday, March 8, 3pm.
- Submissions are due by Friday March 8, 3pm.
- Submissions can be in the form of an 8.5” x 11” paper, a poster, tiff, jpeg, pdf or any medium the artist chooses.
- The size of the mural wall is 7 ft 9 inches by 6 ft 8 inches.
- An inbox for submissions will be placed by the Main Office or can be electronically emailed to Diversity@waldorfmoraine.org
- The Diversity Committee will choose five finalists and will display their creation the following week.
- During the week of the display, each finalist will have a chance to speak with a member of the Diversity Committee to talk about their creation. This will be shared in the Waldorf Buzz newsletter as well as on the Waldorf Community Facebook page.
- The Waldorf community will have a chance to cast one vote for one of the 5 finalists.
- The finalist with the most votes will have a chance to work with a professional artist to have their creation come to life as the new mural.
- The goal is to have the new mural in place by the start of the 2019-2020 school year.
If you have any questions, please reach out to the diversity committee at Diversity@waldorfmoraine.org