The Waldorf School at Moraine Farm is seeking a new School Director – a dynamic leader with a long-view vision for greatness.
Our School Director will be a hands-on visionary, passionate about changing the world, and committed to building a purposeful, energetic, and thriving school and community.
The successful candidate for the School Director will likely have the following characteristics, qualities, and experiences to lead Waldorf School at Moraine Farm into this next decade.
- Master’s degree strongly preferred
- Successful record of leadership (academic, departmental, and/or organizational)
- Demonstrated skills in managing people and teams
- Evidence of financial acumen
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Deep passion for learning and education
- Waldorf experience or a willingness to embrace the Waldorf philosophy
- Alignment of personal values with the mission and values of the school
Preferred Experience and Characteristics:
- Ability to lead a strategic renewal process and co-create and implement a compelling strategic vision
- Nonprofit management experience
- Outstanding team-building skills
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with the Board of Trustees, faculty, and staff
- Willingness and skill to shape fundraising efforts and inspire alumni families
- Willingness and skill to lead and shape the ongoing marketing objectives of the school
- Commitment to providing consistent and compassionate customer service to students, parents, and referral resources
- Capacity to build community and drive engagement through building positive relationships with people and partners from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Understanding of and commitment to doing the critical work around diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Approachability; strong interpersonal skills; and outstanding people skills, including the ability to listen to, understand, synthesize, and incorporate differing points of view
- Personal qualities of warmth, empathy, emotional intelligence, and integrity
- Appreciation for the natural environment and the beauty and use of the school’s physical setting
The search committee is interested in all qualified candidates. Please send us a message of interest and we’ll be in touch with next steps.