The Waldorf School at Moraine Farm is seeking a new School Director – a dynamic leader with a long-view vision for greatness.
Our School Director will be a hands-on visionary, passionate about changing the world, and committed to building a purposeful, energetic, and thriving school and community.
The successful candidate for the School Director will likely have the below characteristics, qualities, and experiences to lead Waldorf School at Moraine Farm into this next decade.
- Master’s degree strongly preferred
- Waldorf experience and alignment of personal values with mission and values of the school preferred
- Successful record of leadership (academic, departmental, and/or organizational)
- Demonstrated skills in managing people and teams
- Evidence of financial acumen and fundraising/development success
- Comfort with organization and financial restructuring processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Preferred Experience and Characteristics:
- Ability to lead a strategic renewal process and co-create and implement a compelling strategic vision
- Nonprofit management experience
- Outstanding team-building skills
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a shared governance model with the Board of Trustees, faculty, and staff
- Approachability; strong interpersonal skills; and outstanding people skills, including the ability to listen to, understand, synthesize, and incorporate differing points of view
- Understanding of and commitment to doing the critical work around diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Willingness and skill to shape fundraising efforts and inspire alumni families
- Commitment to providing consistent and compassionate customer service to students, parents, and referral resources
- Capacity to build community and drive engagement through building positive relationships with people and partners from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Appreciation for the natural environment and the beauty and use of the school’s physical setting
Director Search Committee
The Board of Trustees has formed a Search Committee to work on behalf of the entire WSMF community. The Search Committee is charged with (a) developing a strong and diverse pool of candidates, (b) screening eligible applicants, (c) inviting finalists for campus interviews and (d) providing its assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of each interviewee.
Members of the Committee include:
- Dr. Kenann McKenzie-DeFranza
- Deann Reyes-Wangh
- Coleen Ryan
- Rebecca Rugo
- Lisa Maynard
- Lucas Beardslee
- Kelsey Burns
- Stephanie Irvine
- Matthew Sumner