Earlier this week the Board of Trustees announced the formation of a Search Committee to lead the search for our new School Director. Below is a copy of the letter sent to the community.
Dear Waldorf School at Moraine Farm Community,
On behalf of the Board of Trustees, I am pleased to announce the appointment of an 8-member search committee co-chaired by Deann Reyes-Wangh and myself as we kick off our nation-wide search for the next School Director of WSMF. The Search Committee will complete its work during the spring semester with the hope of filling the position by summer 2022. I thank the committee members for undertaking this very important task. The full list of committee members is as follows:
- Deann Reyes-Wangh, Parent (Kindergarten, Class 3 / 4); Faculty; member, Leadership Circle
- Dr. Kenann McKenzie-DeFranza, Chair, Board of Trustees; Parent (Grade 8); Alumni Parent (2021)
- Coleen Ryan, Interim Leadership Team; Director of Admissions
- Rebecca Rugo, Faculty; member, Leadership Circle; Alumni Parent (2012, 2014)
- Lisa Maynard, Faculty
- Lucas Beardslee, Parent (Kindergarten, Class 3 / 4)
- Kelsey Burns, Director of Marketing, Communications, and Development
- Stephanie Irvine, Faculty; Alumni Parent (2014, 2017)
The Search Committee is charged with (a) developing a strong and diverse pool of candidates, (b) screening eligible applicants, (c) inviting finalists for campus interviews and (d) providing its assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of each interviewee. Members of the wider community may help the Search Committee to create a strong and diverse pool of candidates by nominating qualified individuals. The Committee will share updates on the process and progress of the search intermittently.
We are excited about finding a school leader who embraces the vision of Waldorf education and is ready to take the school forward, and hope that you share in that excitement. Thank you for your ongoing commitment to our school and your support as we navigate this process.
Dr. Kenann McKenzie-DeFranza