Admissions Process & Checklist
The best way to learn more about Waldorf Education and all that it has to offer is to visit our school. We offer personal tours scheduled at your convenience and two open houses per year where you can experience what it’s like to be taught in the Waldorf method. Open houses and curriculum evenings are also scheduled throughout the year, giving you a chance to tour the building and meet the faculty, parents and students.
Prospective applicant parents are encouraged to visit our school. Request to schedule a visit below.
Complete the application form along with the below forms and submit to the Admissions Office.
If you have a child who is applying to Nursery or Kindergarten, we highly recommend submitting your application as soon as possible due to the limited number of spaces.
- A Records Release Form must be submitted to your child’s current school. Please release school records from past 2-3 years, including any evaluations, to Waldorf School at Moraine Farm.
- Non-refundable application fee of $75. The online payment link will be provided by the Admissions Director when needed.
- AISNE Student Evaluation forms should be completed by your child’s current school/teacher. Please note that this process can take 3 to 4 weeks.
Our Accessible Tuition starts with a family-centered tuition rate. To further tailor your unique financial circumstance through a confidential financial review, initiate your Individualized Accessible Tuition review here during your application process.
3. Child Visit and Interview
Upon receipt of your application documents, a child visit and interview will be arranged. Your child will join the class in session so that our teachers may get to know your child and observe him/her within the class group.
- Nursery applicants will be invited to join a playgroup scheduled typically in February and meet with the teacher.
- Kindergarten applicants will be invited to join a morning of Kindergarten class.
- Children applying for First Grade will be invited to join for an hour of Kindergarten class.
- Children applying to Grades 2-8 will join their class for one day.
An Emergency Authorization & Consent Form must be filled out and left with the office before students can visit unaccompanied by a parent or guardian.
Contracts are due back, with a $200 enrollment deposit, within 10 days of receipt. Wait-listed applicants will be notified of openings as soon as they arise.
- If after-school care is needed, we offer an after-school program for students in Nursery through Grade 5. To register for our after-school program, please complete this After-School Program Registration Form.
5. School Entrance
Upon enrollment, you can expect to receive the following to support your transition into the school:
- You will receive a class list to join class activities, and arrange playdates and carpooling.
- Your child’s teacher will be in touch regarding preparations and upcoming meetings for the new school year and to schedule a home visit for your child. This is a special one-on-one time to support your child’s transition into the school.
- In July, you will receive an orientation packet with all necessary documentation for school entrance. In addition, there will be paperwork to be completed for your child’s file prior to the opening of school.
- The school newsletter and website provide community news, information, and updates to our school calendar. Be sure to consult these on a regular basis.
- Our New Parent Reception at the beginning of the school year will give you an opportunity to meet other parents and members of our Administration.
Admissions Acceptance Criteria
New students are accepted based on their ability to successfully engage in the curriculum through a solid and healthy partnership which includes student, teachers, parents and the school. Waldorf School at Moraine Farm bases enrollment decisions on criteria that best serve the healthy development of the child and the social health of the class. If at any point in the admissions process it is determined that these criteria are not able to be met, a member of our Admissions Team will be in touch to end the process.